The future is today, and we want you to be part of it!
This is an exciting time for the solar industry as we make a difference, one roof at time, and change the lives of our customers and the environment they live in. We are a customer-focused company that has succeeded because of the strong reputation, values, and industry leadership we have encompassed in the Gulf Coast Region. If you would like to be a part of something great-an award winning and fun team, then collaborate with us and bring your ideas and your passion. A new career awaits you!
Sunpro is seeking a Purchasing Specialist for our Mandeville, LA location. This role entails supporting the rapid growth of the company and the dynamic supply chain needs that the growth is driving. The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all the materials needed to support the business are procured for use.
To accomplish the companys goals, the Purchasing Specialist will be expected to actively engage with both internal and external stakeholders to support a variety of demands. This person will purchase requested materials and provide alternative guidance when necessary.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
* Actively participate with high performing cross functional teams to deliver on the procurement of goods and materials both domestically and internationally * Work collaboratively with other departments to provide needed support to ensure that all the business purchasing needs are met * Maintain and improve long-standing relationships with key supply chain partners and drive new strategic supplier relationships * Confirm that all financial obligations are accurately managed * Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for products * Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance * Forecasts demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly * Checks inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends * Track orders and ensure timely delivery * Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed * Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices * Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses * Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage/inventory * Manage both day-to-day transactions and long-term vendor relations * Identify areas of process improvement within the supply chain, demand planning, and manufacturing * Manage the purchasing and delivery process to avoid stock outages * Heavily involved in identifying future supply * Report on territory purchasing
* Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field * At least five years of overall experience in the daily activities of a purchasing function * Demonstrated ability to initiate, maintain, and improve organizational/purchasing processes * Working knowledge of international commerce is preferred
* Professional * Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills * Strong written and verbal communications skills * Ability to think innovatively * Well organized and accurate with details * Highly creative and out of the box thinking * Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in an office environment, including but not limited to: the ability to sit, stand for two or more hours at a time, the ability to operate a computer and office equipment and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds throughout the day
Whats in it for You?
Were growing very quickly and need people excited about growing skills. So, if youre ready to push your comfort level, learn something new every day, and be part of tomorrows energy source, come join the fun. We do offer, of course:
* Competitive Pay and Incentives * Opportunities for Self-development and Career Progression * Health Benefits, 401k, STD/LTD, Life Insurance * Paid Holidays & Vacation
Founded in 2008, Sunpro Solar is one of the leading providers of rooftop solar for the Gulf Coast and Southeast regions. Sunpro Solar designs, installs, and maintains the solar panels on residential and commercial properties. Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service and was ranked #8 for 2019 Solar Power Worlds Magazine Top Solar Rooftop Contractors nationwide as well as no. 209 on Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies in the U.S.
Final candidates must pass a background check and drug test.
Sunpro is a drug free work environment and an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will remain active for 60 days.
Associated topics: broker, buy, commodities, derivatives, fund, ira, invest, nasdaq, risk, sell
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.