Agency Management Specialist (Westwood)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
We are currently seeking Agency Management Specialists in numerous locations across the US. An Agency Management Specialist serves as a liaison between the company and agents and acts as a relationship manager for our agents, regional underwriting team and corporate departments. In this role you will assess the strengths and weaknesses of agents and assists them in achieving a mutual goal of profitable growth in both volume and policy count. This individual also ensures that agents are familiar with and use Selective's initiatives, products, policies, procedures and services. We currently have openings in New Jersey, Northern OH, Georgia, the Greater Chicago area and Missouri. Future opportunities are available within the greater Selective footprint.
- Develop an agency force that pre-qualifies accounts, in-house rates using CLAS, processing small business using One & Done and/or the Service Center, and recognizes the value of the AMS position to help them write new profitable business and achieve agency goals.
- Makes consistent underwriting decisions, adheres to company pricing philosophies and promotes ease of doing business with Selective.
- Monitors agency results and follows up with agent both as to growth/profitability/share of wallet and compliance with company's initiatives, procedures and policies.
- Develop professional working relationship with agent, regional underwriting and claim teams and corporate departments. Assists in directing BSU technical specialists for regional ITS training of agency personnel.
- Keeps two-way communication between agent and company continuously open and viable and encourages agent usage of all Selective systems, including CLAS, PLUS and e-Select.
- Performs inspections as determined by Loss Control Guide. Makes risk improvement or correction of deficiency recommendations and promptly follows up on same, documenting the file accordingly.
- Stays alert for and advise company of any industry information, new ideas, products, or changes in other carrier philosophies that could positively or adversely affect Selective.
- Audit agents One & Done book of business and provide quality assurance feedback to agent and underwriting team.
- Meet regularly and frequently with CMS, Loss Control Rep, Bond Rep, Personal Lines Rep (if applicable) to discuss agency opportunities for greater growth and profit.
- Must be able to drive an automobile to travel within territory. Car travel represents approximately 40-50% of employee's time.
- Must be results oriented with a proven track record in establishing, prioritizing and achieving business goals.
- Demonstrated superior communication, negotiation & presentation skills
- Must be a high achiever with superior organizational skills who is self-motivated, pro-active, flexible, and able to work independently, from a remote location.
- Must be able to maximize technology to ensure high productivity (Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all internal business related software).
- Must have valid state-issued driver's license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile.
- College degree preferred with 5+ years underwriting, marketing or field underwriting experience.
- The following experience is preferred:
3 years Agency Management, rating
2 year Claims, Loss Control - Inspection
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace
Loading some great jobs for you...