- Partners HealthCare System
- $82,450.00 -104,320.00/year*
50 Old Mill Rd
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Health Information Management (HIM) and under the general direction of the Manager, Health Information Management, the Document Imaging Analyst assists with the daily functions of the departments scanning operations. The individual works collaboratively with various members of the HIM team to accurately and efficiently process, analyze, prepare, scan, index and QA patient medical record information in support of the hospital's mission to deliver the very best health care to the diverse communities we serve.
This role is responsible for scanning clinical documentation at the point of care on a daily basis to ensure availability in the electronic health record.
Document Imaging Analyst must have sharp organizational skills and a keen eye for details in order to make certain the patient's health record is properly organized so it can be effectively utilized by PHS care givers. Document Imaging Analyst must be able to work quickly at times but still work with a very high degree of accuracy.
Operates scanning hardware to effectively and efficiently scan the designated portion of the medical record. Completes work within established priorities, to assure timely completion of assigned work to meet department policies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Accurately and efficiently processes, prepares, sorts, scans, indexes and performs quality review of medical record documents to be scanned into clinical systems within a specified time.
* Vigilantly analyzes the patient health record to identify misfiled documents, making certain all documentation scanned belongs in the appropriate medical record.
* Prepares batches of documents including attaching document type and patient labels for scanning into the electronic document management system.
* Scans documents and monitors the scanning process for misfed documents, addressing problems in a timely manner.
* Indexes scanned documents in each batch within various scan queues with the ability to distinguish the different document type levels for scanning.
* Performs Media Manager/Enter-Edit Result scans on one-off documents that require specific data elements or if documents fall outside of the HIM scanning application functionality/turn-around times.
* Conducts daily quality reviews of scanned documents, verifying the proper filing in the patient health record.
* Identifies via the QA process all issues requiring rescan of documentation while bringing areas of concern to the attention of the, Team Leader, Supervisor, or Manager as necessary.
* Responsible for scanning clinical documentation at the point of care on a daily basis to ensure availability in the electronic health record according to established scanning procedures.
* Troubleshoots scanning hardware and assist Team Leader with hardware maintenance.
* Expected to assist with occasional coverage of off-hours, weekends or holidays.
* Attends required trainings to keep up to date with the latest information systems and imaging functionality.
* Delivers and retrieves medical records to/from designated locations within the hospital to facilitate timely scanning of the paper documents into the legal health record, if needed.
* Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Strong computer skills required, knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
* Previous work in a healthcare area is required.
* 1 to 2 years computer experience preferred. Digital/electronic document imaging experience preferred.
* Demonstrates formal knowledge of medical terminology by successful completion of an approved terminology course or equivalent.
* Reads and comprehend the medical record.
* Effective organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Established as a positive team player, able to work independently and in a group/team setting.
* Performs repetitive tasks for extended periods of time while maintaining a high level of concentration.
* Possesses the ability to perform work under stressful conditions and manage multiple priorities.
* Manages multiples tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
* Excellent critical thinking skills, systems thinking and problem solving skills are necessary.
Associated topics: antibody, drug, food scientist, histologist, histology, immunoassay, kinesiology, microbiological, physiologist, therapy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...