Technology Director - Custody and Collateral
Compensation: $27,340.00 - $39,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
The successful candidate will lead the technology function in Wilmington Trust's Retirement and Institutional Custody Services (RICS). This position will report to the Commercial Bank and Wilmington Trust CIO. A highly visible role, this position will require the leader to build/expand on the current IT team supporting the RICS group within Wilmington Trust Institutional Client Services. There is a net multimillion dollar increase to the discretionary budget to expand RICS products and services, targeted initially to collateral management. M&T is looking for strong candidates who have the talent, the management experience, and the domain expertise to lead RICS IT through this journey. Familiarity with collateral and custody services is required.Responsibilities:
- Build Technology Divisional strategy across departments with peers and Technology senior management leaders.
- Work with senior management outside Technology to build positive client relationship to support the delivery of complex technology projects and activities.
- Manage multiple Technology departments for all financial, compliance, human resources and risk operations with the departments.
- Monitor technology direction of the industry and vendor applications specific to areas and businesses supported.
- Manage supporting research and initiation of change to the status quo when necessary to ensure implementation of appropriate technologies.
- Manage vendor/product analyses and recommendations to ensure delivery of the most appropriate end product based on available resources, inclusive of budget.
- Manage strategic relationships with vendors and professional organizations to remain current on industry trends and best practices for supported systems and businesses.
- Oversee systems development activities of assigned teams, including assignment of staff to various projects and ensure their timely completion within budget.
- Oversee the implementation of technology consistent with Division's standards and long-range plans, seeking opportunities to leverage these across other teams as applicable. Ensure activities managed adhere to all Department and Technology standards and procedures, including all documentation requirements to protect Bank interests and serve as a reference source.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Associates' degree and a minimum of 14 years' technology management or large program leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 16 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 14 years' technology management or large program leadership experience
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages
- Prior experience working on multiple projects of a complex nature
- Prior experience effectively using project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Experience on large system enhancements, conversions, and production problem resolution
- Complete understanding of the system development life cycle
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Prior experience encouraging team work and serving as role model when leading and directing others
- Understanding of technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem
Expertise in presenting to senior management
- Master's degree and a minimum of 14 years' technology management or large program leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 20 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 14 years' technology management or large program leadership experience
- Extensive application, product knowledge experience with skills, application(s) and function of the technology area being led
- Understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
- Understanding of multiple business area's functions
- Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective
- Experience with skills, application(s) and functions of the technology area
- Understands businesses supported and its' terminology
- Prior experience leading large numbers of employees (100+) on multiple teams often in different geographic locations and time zones We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply.
Associated topics: animal care, clean, custodial, custodian, custody, house cleaner, housekeeping, janitor, janitorial, sanitation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...