Fiduciary Tax Accountant I
Compensation: $84,940.00 - $158,890.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Prepares Fiduciary income tax returns for trusts where the Bank or one of the legal entities acts is trustee.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:Education and Experience Required:
- Learn the systems and procedures of the Fiduciary Tax area and participate in training within and outside the department to support these efforts.
- Responsible for an assigned book of accounts and the timely and accurate preparation of less complex tax returns. Assist more experienced Accountants with preparing Form 1040.
- Review tax coding of transactional data to ensure its' accuracy.
- Work with more experienced Accountants on fiduciary tax matters for large family relationships.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1 years' work experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 5 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 1 years' work experience
Understanding of pertinent word processing and spreadsheet software Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Minimum of 2 years' accounting experience
Associated topics: broker, brokerage, capital, ira, investor, market, security, stock, s p, trader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...