1. Answers telephone in a professional and timely manner.
2. Greets patients courteously.
3. Reviews medial record documentation for physicians and ensures that all necessary ICD-9 and CPT codes are present.
4. Processes daily batches: a) Enters or acquires demographics; b) Prices each patient visit; c) batches the daily charges and submits batch and daily deposit to medical dimensions
5. Performs billing functions of charge and payment data entry and claims follow-up.
6. Research coding/billing communications submitted to clinic by medical dimensions and responds to all communications in a timely manner.
7. Prepares clinic statistics such as clinic visits and referrals and submits to director daily and/or monthly as required.
8. Verifies all patient insurance coverage prior to patient visit.
9. Schedules ancillary services.
10. Schedules patients' appointments.
11. Returns patients' phone calls when necessary.
12. Secures information from referring physicians.
13. Files medical records appropriately.
14. Collects copays, deductibles, and balances at the time of patient's visit.
15. Codes payable invoices and submits to practice director for approval.
16. Assists LPN as needed in checking patients into exam rooms, taking medical symptoms for visit
17. Orders office supplies.
18. Performs all other duties required.
A. High School Graduate or Equivalent required.
B. Medical Coding knowledge and experience required.
C. 3-5 years front-office medical practice experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis * May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients' rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas