Medical Science Liaison- Denver, CO (Westwood)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
The primary responsibility of the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to act as a liaison with nationwide and regional key opinion leaders (KOLs) to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate both clinical trial efforts of Ipsen and Investigator-sponsored studies in relation to Somatuline in the treatment of Gastro-entero-pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP-NETs) and carcinoid syndrome and Onivyde in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. This individual's clinical insights will be utilized cross functionally to ensure proper alignment of MSL goals with the company's business goals to be executed in a compliant fashion.Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify and develop relationships with national and regional medical and scientific KOLs consistent with the strategy and objectives of Medical Affairs and overall Ipsen strategies in relation to Somatuline and Onivyde.
- Engage in scientific exchange and education about current and emerging therapies in a compliant fashion with KOLs in relation to Somatuline and Onivyde (to include advisory boards, individual meetings, and congresses).
- Develop and maintain scientific, clinical and therapeutic expertise in the area of Oncology that includes but is not limited to the field of GEP-NETs and pancreatic cancer.
- Represent the company at specific continuing medical educational events, programs, medical meetings and scientific conventions
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Drug Information Services to ensure accurate delivery of medical and scientific information, as needed.
- Proactively identify and assist as needed in facilitation of Investigator-sponsored clinical trials.
- Work with clinical development as requested to identify and engage with appropriate sites for Ipsen trials.
- Identify disease concepts that can be leveraged into product differentiation in relation to Somatuline and Onivyde.
- Differentiate Ipsen as the valued scientific partner of choice through innovative initiatives, coordinated strategy and scientific communication.
- Provide appropriate scientific, clinical, and educational support for internal cross functional customers (including other members of the MSL team)
- Support medical publications as needed (abstracts, manuscripts, etc.).
- Support commercial operations by participating in Speaker and Representative Training.
- Lead/participate on special project teams as necessary.
- Coordinate scientific activities with medical affairs, clinical development, and global franchise group, as needed
- Advanced Degree (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD, etc) required
- Minimum 3-5 years MSL experience
- Previous recent Oncology experience (e.g., in the last 12 months) desired
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain credible and scientific relationships with top experts in the Oncology field
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to function on a cross-functional team
- Knowledge of PhRMA, OIG and other guidelines relating to compliant medical communications
- Demonstrated expertise in ability to synthesize and communicate medical information clearly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel ~ 60-80% (based on size of geography)
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: antibody, disease, drug, food, histologist, histotechnologist, immunology, microbiology, nutritionist, patient
Loading some great jobs for you...