SeeKing HR, a comprehensive human resource consulting firm providing strategic guidance, program management, employee development and employment services to a variety of clients, is sourcing candidates for a Maintenance Technician position for a utility company in Pearsall, Texas.
The Maintenance Technician performs installation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment throughout the power plant.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience in a power plant setting
• Knowledge of MS Office programs
• Valid Texas Driver License
Typical duties include:
• Installs, adjusts, tests, inspects, services, calibrates, performs preventive maintenance, and repairs a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment to ensure the efficient and reliable operation of plant generators and auxiliaries.
• Generates and files records of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
• Responds to emergency conditions at the plant, including equipment breakdowns and outages, and assists troubleshooting efforts to repair equipment or correct other problems.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Provides direct oversight and on-the-job training to new hires.
• Analyzes equipment performance and investigates equipment failures to identify trends and problem areas.
• Orders materials, supplies and parts needed to maintain plant equipment.
• Coordinates with operations personnel, other STEC employees, and outside contractors to efficiently accomplish maintenance tasks.
• Ensures maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and compliant manner and in compliance with STEC's safety program.
• Performs other duties, tasks, and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, education verification and drug test.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, with salary requirements, via our career portal on our website at www.seekinghr.com or contact us directly at (210) 679-4879 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V