CONTRACTS ASSISTANTProject Description:
The Contracts Administrator supports the contract to pay process for delivering engagements with scientific and medically qualified External Experts across the global Client Science Units, GPPS and GMA. The role interfaces with Business Engagement Owners, Project Managers, Budget Holders, Global Conferencing and Events, Global Payment Transparency, Compliance, Medical Communications Agencies, and other relevant parties involved with engagements of External Experts. Types of engagements are consultancy, virtual and F2F advisory board meetings, symposia, speaker engagements and steering committee meetings, delivered across global locations both internally and externally to Client.
The Contracts Administrator is a customer-focused role supporting the External Expert Engagement Lead and Contracts Specialists to ensure contracting compliance through the contract to pay process.
Taking direction from the External Expert Engagement Lead, the Contracts Administrator engages with the Business Engagement Owners to deliver their contracting needs and requirements in alignment with business objectives, and in adherence to Legal, Compliance and contracting conditions.
- Engage External stakeholders (External Experts) in compliance with Client SOP's, maintaining professionalism and high ethical standards throughout all interactions whilst protecting reputational risk to the business.
- Ensure required FMV, debarment checks and Nominated Signatory processes are followed, providing guidance to ensure appropriate approvals are obtained and retained.
- Execute prompt and timely delivery of R&D contracts, e.g. Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDA's) and Professional Service Agreements (PSA's) relating to engagements with External Experts, meeting pre-defined service-level agreements at defined stages of the contract to pay process. Obtain all appropriate and required internal reviews and approvals for contract terms and provisions, and contract signature.
- Manage workflow from contract request to fully executed agreement using Salesforce and DocuSign systems, coordinating all activities that interface with such.
- Initiate the process for reimbursing the External Expert for their services. Ensure accurate and timely vendor set up to mitigate payment delays. Work with the Business Engagement Owner and/or Medical Communications agency to collect relevant data and documents and agree payment of appropriate fees and expenses.
- Prepare and submit payment request for processing by Finance and follow up with the External Expert to confirm receipt. Work with Finance to resolve any payment issues.
- Utilize and maintain simple yet comprehensive templates and tools, as needed. Maintain tracker/dashboards/systems to be able to generate useful reports to customers (activity owners, business leaders, etc.).
- Acquire a good working knowledge and understanding of Salesforce, ePay and iBuy tools and processes as required to deliver the contract to pay process, including but not limited to generation of iBuy Supplier e-forms (for vendor set-up and maintenance), running and evaluation of reports from ePay, Salesforce for metric creation and problem resolution, etc.
- Maintain and ensure data integrity in Salesforce, ePay, DocuSign systems and other relevant systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness, and timeliness of updates. Assimilate and adopt new systems, tools and processes where these are required for delivering the role.
- Manage timely delivery and resolution of ad hoc queries from External Experts, customers and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proactive and consultative customer service, having the ability to identify customer needs and respond creatively, listening to information, asking probing questions, applying knowledge and determining solutions.
- Ability to work across cultures and geographical boundaries.
- Competent technical / systems experience and skills.
- Project management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database management.
- Positive 'can do' attitude.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines and turnaround times, work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills and capacity to problem solve.
- Capable of working independently but also take instruction and direction from others.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High ethical standards, trustworthy, operating with absolute discretion.
- System Applications to be used include:
- Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Kevin: [Click Here to Email Your Resum ]
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #19-02025
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, company, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, court, courtroom, legal, legal affairs